Live Total Wellness

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Why You Should NOT Eat Soy


It's interesting to listen as people talk about the pros and cons of soy. It was once touted as a great source of food including protein, as well as, medicinal for all types of health issues.  Now that more research has been conducted, the news reads that soy is NOT a food choice.

Historically soy beans were NOT used as a food.  The root of the soy plant was used as a form of adding nitrogen to soil.  Soy was not used as a food until the discovery of fermentation.  Fermented soy such as miso and tempeh ARE considered food sources.

As soy was used through the ages for feeding cattle, the left over product was used as food additives such as soy "lecithin" which, I can't believe, is actually made from the oil sludge of soy oil.  This is what we have in our food!  YUK!

Here is a video by Dr. Joseph Mercola.  He is an internationally renowned natural health physician and founder of Mercola.com.  Dr. Mercola provides a review of health problems as a result of eating soy and other details about why you should not eat soy.



As you can see, soy in any form that has not been fermented should not be eaten.  Make sure you read labels on foods, especially pre-packaged foods.  If you see soy in any form, stay away!  Fresh fruits, vegetables and other fresh foods are best.  Packaged foods usually contain some form of soy in addition to other additives that can cause many health issues.  Be aware!

3 comments:

Eat To Live said...

Very good information.

I don't like soy that much. I do like Miso soup and he says that is okay....

Thanks for posting this... I almost bought soy milk today but the carton was dented so I left it with the cashier.

Lisa @ Grandma's Briefs said...

Ewww...good to know. Thank you!

Stephanie said...

Hi Mare! I just wanted to let you know that I followed you over! Thanks for the follow. And also, thanks for your sweet words! I think I'll send you an email about what you said about working from home - it's something I've definitely thought about, but it just seems so scammy, lol. I'd love to hear about your experience!

Work At Home United