Live Total Wellness

Monday, February 19, 2007

Remembering

This is a traditional Hopi prayer written for those who have passed from the world as we know it.

Do not stand at my grave and weep:
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints of snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumns rain.

When you awake in the morining's hush,
I am the swift unlifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.

This prayer is in honor of two beautiful people who have left this world as we know it. My brother left on Dec. 17th and my dear friend Beth, left on Feb 17th. These two people left such different legacies in their lives but they both left with thoughts that will last forever. Over the next few days, my blog will be focusing on these thoughts and feelings. Blessings to all.

No comments:

Work At Home United