Live Total Wellness

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day


I read this yesterday and thought of sharing it with all of you as you think of your own mom. I lost my mom over 2 years ago and this is the first time I have been comforted by thinking of her and remembering her. Now as I reflect or as I am reminded of her, perhaps because I make a dish she taught me, think of a quote of hers, or do something just like she once did, I can see that she is right there with me. Instead of loss, I can feel comfort and actually feel her. Now I have something to look forward to from her everyday! What a positive perspective!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Mother is always with you.

She’s the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street; She’s the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you picked and perfume that she wore; she’s the cool hand on your brow when you’re not feeling well.

She’s your breath in the air on a cold winter’s day.

She’s the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the color of a rainbow, she is Christmas morning.

Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she’s crystallized in every tear drop.

A mother shows every emotion….

Happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow…and all the while, hoping and praying you will only know the good feelings in life.

She’s the place you came from, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space…not even death!

“The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched; they must be felt with the heart.” ~ Helen Keller

No comments:

Work At Home United