Live Total Wellness

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Thankful

As I was reading some posts online the other day, I came across a question that was posted last November - what are you thankful for? We always ask this question around Thanksgiving because that's usually when we are reminded of the many blessings we have. Well I decided to answer it now. Since we usually do think of those things at other times of the year, I thought it would be great to list those things and people and make a mental reminder. So here's my list:

1. My faith - without it I don't know where I would be and I don't think I would be me. My faith leads me in the right direction and keeps me humble (I sure hope). It keeps me focused on the truly important aspects of life and knowing from where I have come and where I am trying to wind up.

2. My husband - we have been together for 30 years (including the time we dated) without him I wouldn't have the pleasure of his company, his love and devotion, my wonderful daughters and the life that I am so blessed to be able to live. Not to mention the rock of stability he always provides and the voice of reason when I get a little 'too' riled about something - that's the Italian in me (tee hee)

3. My family - beginning with my daughters who are the center of my life, their sense of humor and the ability to share long talks and fun experiences, my grandson who is the light of my life with his innocence and love of information and activity not to mention the way he can melt my heart by saying"Zach go to Nona's house" or "I see Nona" meaning he wants to see me. Then the huge smile on his face when he walks in my door or I walk in his. So absolutely precious, and something that can never be taken away because of the memory. My father, sister, in-laws, cousins, uncles, aunts and so many more of those who make up our family.

4. My friends - without them I would be insane. They are the backbone of my life. There are times when they have been there to help me through some really difficult situations. They are truly gems and rare ones at that. Gifts from God again just as my family and husband are.

5. My business partners- they are also my friends but also the people who know my inner motivations and goals. They are there to lift me up and cheer me on. Without them, I wouldn't be as successful as I am today. I really can't say enough about this group of people. We are all working together and we all have our goals but we are also about true friendship. I wouldn't trade them in for anything and I look forward to spending many long years with them. (sorry guys but you're stuck with me!)

6. My country - I know that may sound corny but I do feel blessed to live in a country, that although is not always right, we still have many freedoms and opportunities that are unsurpassed.

I have so many other areas of my life to be thankful for both past and present but these are the areas that I guess you would are the "here and now". I hope I can always try to take the time to remember exactly what I am thankful for - it really helps make my day.

No comments:

Work At Home United