Live Total Wellness

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Not Again! Read the Labels!

Last week I was in the Rite Aid with my daughter to pick up a prescription for my husband. As we approached the counter, I see a bottle of a new wonder diet "wonder drug". The packaging was attractive, and it did exactly what it was supposed to do, catch my attention.Photo

After realizing what I was holding, I began to read the package. Ok, so I know people are always trying to find the fastest, latest and greatest magic way to lose weight. I'm sure this new diet 'aid' must be flying off the shelf. It is non prescription so you can buy as much as you want, whenever you want. But the sad part of it is that most people don't read the labels. They really should with this! Apparently there are some unpleasant side effects that would really scare the %*#@ out of you and according to the bottle, it really does happen! Let me explain.

There is a leakage problem associated with this pill! Leakage? Yes and even the company website suggests that dark pants should be warn plus you should bring a change of clothes since there is a potential for "humiliating anal leakage and gas with an oily discharge." Who wants to join me in this diet? EWWWW!  Yuck! OMG!  I don't think so.  This is NOT the way I want to lose weight or friends for that matter.  People really need to learn to read the labels AND the fine print!

No comments:

Work At Home United